5 Sure-Fire Ways to Boost Your Instagram Engagement

Heya everybody, I wanted to come on here and share some top tips I’ve learned over the years to beat the Instagram Algorithm and try to keep your engagement levels up! Most of you may have noticed how much the algorithm has shifted and thrown us off the past few years, I noticed a drop as well. However, I came up with a few strategies that I noticed when I stayed consistent, my growth and engagement started to increase again! I hope this can be helpful for anyone who’s trying to grow a business utilizing social media, growing a blog, or just in general wants to increase their social media presence!

Pin For Later!

1. Take out 15-30 minutes each day to engage with others!

Sounds like common sense right? This truly does make a difference to the engagement you will get back! Sometimes I admit I’m not the best at this, I get so caught up in planning content and posting, that I forget I have followers who also post content that I should be supporting! I like to take a bit of time each afternoon and each evening before bed to do this, I’ll simply spend a few minutes going down my feed and liking / commenting on my followers. Then, I will go search up a popular hashtag related to my content such as… #lifestyleblogger and then repeat the same process! Try this for a few days, you’ll notice a difference I promise!

2. Post an engaging Instagram story EVERYDAY!

Something I’ve noticed with the Instagram algorithm is that the more people who click and view your content, the more often they will continue seeing your content. An easy way to get your audience continuing to see YOU is using Instagram Stories! Many people hop on Instagram just to scroll through a bunch of stories, so this is definitely a place you want to be constantly appearing. I like to post polls as often as I can, the more engaging the better. The poll could be about anything – which hair color is better.. which outfit is better.. etc. I also like to share on my Instagram Story whenever I have a brand new post, that way my followers know to click my profile, see my post, in other words.. Engage!

3. Hashtaggggs hashtagggs hashtaggggs!!

I can’t emphasize this enough! You do hear it everywhere, everyone is always saying, “Use Hashtags!” but do we all truly take advantage of them as much as we should? I notice an increase of engagement depending on the hashtags I use, you have to be really clever here! My best tip is to be as specific as you can be in your hashtags, avoid general ones like… “Fashion”, “Clothes”, “Blog”.. those are too broad. Get more specific! What kind of fashion? What kind of blog? I like to use the website All-Hashtag to generate ideas for me!

4. BE CONSISTENT!

I just recently got my crap together and developed a routine with my Instagram! Don’t feel bad if you also lack with consistency, it’s tough! I think it’s something we all fall off once in a while with, but understand to have an engaged audience, you have to prove consistent with your content. You have to let people know who you are, and what you’re about! If all your followers see is one post a month, they may not even see it appear on their feed since you have such low activity! I try to post at LEAST every other day, if not every day. I would recommend starting out minimum 3 posts a week.

5. Join a Comment / Liking group chat!

I know that this kind of idea has gotten some controversy, but to be totally blunt, I have never noticed any issues by participating in a group chat where like-minded people support each-others’ posts! In fact, I find it insanely helpful. You can find these by searching around Instagram, Twitter, or even googling it! Every time you post, you’ll just notify the group chat and everybody will return comments / likes. This helps my post get more outreach and more publicity, highly recommend joining one!

Those are my top 5 basic tips that I live by each and every day to continue growing my Instagram and Engagement! Stick to at least 2-3 of these for a week and let me know how it goes, I promise you’ll see a difference.

If you want to dive in a bit deeper and get detailed step by step tips from how I went to zero followers to thousands in the matter of weeks, grab my eBook here!

Q: What is your tip for Instagram growth and engagement? I’d love to know! Comment it below!

Looking to DOUBLE your followers and EXPLODE your social media?

30 Comments

1. October 2, 2019 / 12:18 pm

I love these tips! Especially engaging with other accounts throughout the day. That’s great for the algorithm!

October 2, 2019 / 1:51 pm

Thanks so much!! Glad you found this useful 😊

2. October 2, 2019 / 1:46 pm

these are helpful tips because i’m having a hard time getting engagement on instagram. i’m going to use them to see if it helps me .

October 2, 2019 / 1:51 pm

Defintiely do!! And keep me updated, I’d love to how how these tips help you out 💗

3. October 2, 2019 / 2:17 pm

Such simple tips! I am not the best storier!

October 2, 2019 / 9:43 pm

Thanks for stopping by! Insta stories is defintiely a huge part to my success in growing my following and engagement, give it a go!

4. Alliima
    October 2, 2019 / 2:40 pm

Thanks for sharing some amazing information! They will definitely be helpful when as I try to gain more followers.

October 2, 2019 / 9:42 pm

I really hope so! Message me if you have any questions here and I’d love to give you tips to make sure you find success in growing your social media! You’ve got this girl!

5. October 2, 2019 / 3:35 pm

Hashtagssss…that is one of the most powerful and best tool on Instagram.
    I have done so many important stuffs using Hashtags.
    It helped me plan my entire wedding theme, find the best perfume of my favourite brand, found bakers in my town at the last minute for my husband’s birthday and I can go on with bunch of list.
    I think I should write a post on how I made use of Hashtags!
    Thank you so much for sharing this!

October 2, 2019 / 9:42 pm

Omg that’s amazing!! Hashtags are incredibly powerful, so glad you make use of them! 💗

6. October 2, 2019 / 3:35 pm

These tips are really great. I personally struggle with consistency. Sometimes I forgot about it and I just end up not posting anything at all. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

October 2, 2019 / 9:41 pm

So glad you found it helpful! I think best way to start off is setting mini goals for yourself each week and building up from there!

7. October 2, 2019 / 3:39 pm

I am yet to join group chats cause I feel a little sceptical about that. Since you sound positive about that, I would like to give it a try.

October 2, 2019 / 9:40 pm

Yes I’d honestly give it a go, what have you got to lose?

8. October 2, 2019 / 5:16 pm

This was extremely helpful, I’m sort of hopeless when it comes to technology, and you laid out the process perfectly! I didn’t realize hashtags were so important. I’ll give it a try. Thanks again.

October 2, 2019 / 9:39 pm

I’m so glad to hear that girl! Yes give hashtags a go, life changing!

9. October 2, 2019 / 5:57 pm

Ever since I started posting more stories, I noticed a HUGE increase in my engagement! I also consistently get views on my profile when I post on stories.

Erika Marie | https://imerikamarie.com

October 2, 2019 / 9:39 pm

Insta Stories are where it’s at! 🙌🏼

10. October 3, 2019 / 11:35 am

I think far too many people forget the importance of engagement. It’s called ‘social’ media for a reason, it’s designed to encourage us to be actively social and engage with one another. That’s why these activities will, ultimately, help us succeed. It’s the underlying purpose of the platform.

October 4, 2019 / 8:32 am

Exactly couldn’t agree more!

11. October 4, 2019 / 10:35 am

Nice tips! I often find I don’t have time to engage with others. I was reminded I need to do that more often from reading your post. The one thing I find to be a lifesaver is Iconosquare. it is a platform to create posts and schedule them. It really helps me be consistent on posting.

October 4, 2019 / 8:29 pm

Omg that’s amazing I’ve never heard of that app! I have used another similar called Buffer to schedule posts for my Instagram, thanks for the tip I’ll have to check it out!

12. Jess
    October 4, 2019 / 10:50 am

I always try to engage for 30 minutes everyday and I really love the community i’ve found! The hashtag generator sounds good – I’m gonna have to try!

Jess | http://www.jessrigg.com

October 4, 2019 / 8:30 pm

That’s amazing you take time each day to engage! So important!

October 4, 2019 / 8:30 pm

So glad you found it helpful!

13. October 4, 2019 / 9:49 pm

I love these tips on boosting Instagram engagement! It is important that we take the time to talk to people, because this encourages them to keep supporting us. Consistency is so important! If there are no activities for long, it can hurt the readership and such. Thanks for sharing!

Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

October 5, 2019 / 10:25 am

Definitely, engagement is everything!! So glad you found these tips helpful!

14. October 5, 2019 / 7:01 am

Great tips, I’m definitely going to check out that website for hashtags. I really struggle with Instagram consistency, it’s not a platform I like using and everything tends to feel a little forced. x

Sophie

October 5, 2019 / 10:26 am

Everybody has their own platforms that work best for them! If it’s not Instagram then it’s not Instagram! Totally understand, I know some people who prefer Twitter or Facebook as well