Hey loves hope everyone has been having a great relaxing weekend, in honor of October being my birthday month, I figured this would be a very fitting post idea! I turn 23 on October 26th, to be totally honest, I don’t feel 23 in any way, shape, or form. I don’t know if you can relate, but it seems the older I get, I have this expectation that I should’ve figured out everything about life by now.. but I haven’t. I’m not even close!
Life has taken a lot of unexpected turns for me, I’m not totally surprised about where I am right now. I always knew back in my high school days when everyone was chatting about what University they were applying to, I was never going to be that person. I had no urge in me to go to college, I had no interest to pursue a 9-5 job, I wanted something just different. So, being 23 in a couple weeks and being in a place in my life where I’m building an online business, and my blog.. doesn’t totally surprise me.
Pin For Later!
Going against everything society teaches you and building your own business where you can set your own hours, and where you want to work is not as glamorous as it sounds that’s for sure. It can be really really challenging and the most time consuming thing when you first start out, but the rewards are so amazing once you build something sustainable. Anyway, that’s just a reflection of where I’m at right now in my life about to turn 23.. but without further ado, here are 23 things I can say I’ve definitely learnt!
- Live life for you, not others.
- Everybody else’s path may not be your path, and that’s okay.
- Nobody has it figured out either.
- Everything will happen when it’s supposed to happen.
- High school eventually ends and you’ll be fine.
- Listen to your grandparents, they know what they’re talking about. Words of wisdom!
- Your parents are doing the best they can for you, spend time with them and love them while you can.
- Not everyone thinks and feels the same way you do, be a bit more open-minded to other’s opinions.
- College is not the end all be all of success.
- Spending $5 on Starbucks everyday adds up… (I don’t do this anymore but I used to! Ahh..)
- Treat yourself once in a while! Don’t deprive yourself of things that make you happy.
- So much can change in a year. Nothing is permanent.
- Make yourself and your goals top priority in life, nothing else. You need to be happy first and fill your own cup before you fill someone else’s.
- Miami Florida is not as glamorous as it sounds. (Lol had to add this into here because I always wanted to visit Miami and thought it’d be the coolest place to live… If you love lots of traffic, heat, and expensive things, by all means move to Miami!)
- The world is an unfair place at times.
- Life is what you make of it, you can choose to moan and complain or do something.
- There’s so many opportunities and open doors if you just open your eyes! Social media taught me that.
- You don’t HAVE to follow the traditional society expectations of life. Do YOU, as long as you’re causing no harm to others.
- Relationships are NOT easy, it can take a lot out of you at times, but if you’re with the right person you see as a life partner, it’s totally worth it.
- People will judge you at ANYTHING you do, so just go do whatever it is you love, whether you’re scared or not.
- It’s okay to not have everything figured out. As my grandma says to me now, “I still don’t have everything figured out.”
- Your interests, passions, and wants out of life will change as time passes, it’s okay to evolve and grow.
- Say thank you. When someone does something kind for you, always say thank you.
So those are 23 things I can say I’ve learned through my time here on earth so far, of course so much more is to come. I have my own life still ahead of me, I am excited for what’s to come, but also nervous. I suppose that’s normal right?
Q: What is one major life lesson you’ve learned? Comment below and let me know!
Happy early birthday! I totally agree with you about these life lessons! I am totally on the second vibe right now. You are on your own path, you pave the way. Oh man, those Starbucks trips DO add up!! I started making my own coffee because of this. Keep kicking butt! My major life lesson is to do what you want to do – live your best life because who else will do it for you? Thanks for sharing xx
Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me
So glad you liked and agreed to my lessons I’ve learned and found them relatable! I know Starbucks does add up doesn’t it?! 🙈
Happy birthday month! I agree with so many of these things, but #2 really stuck out to me. We’re brought up to think of life as one linear path that everyone follows and that’s not the case at all! x
Thanks so much lovely, glad you related to my life lessons I’ve learned too! 💕